Amour Agility

Our Adventures!

Friday, September 3, 2010

Bikes and Poodles

This has been a good summer for the Amour Agility dogs.  They got to try a whole variety of new things.  Their favorites have been boating on Lake Cumberland and mountain biking.  I tried mountain biking last year with my fiancee, it is one of his passions in life.  I didnt like it at first.  Too many bugs, trees and spikey plants.  However, with practice I have adopted it as one of my hobbies.  Tulla and Steele just started learning to chase my bike while I ride through the woods.  Both dogs, used to agility, are very "pack oriented" and stay with me when I walk or ride away from them.  They follow me as their alpha.  At Hueston Woods state park there is a lake and several streams.  My dogs run for 15 minutes behind my bike and then I take them for a cool down in the steams.  It is great muscle and endurance building and lots of fun for us all.  I only wish that my little dogs could go too. 

At Lake Cumberland, we swim, run on the shore, take boat rides, and play games involving jumping off boats and treats. 

I love summer with my dogs.  At the bike trails yesterday I noticed the leaves are starting to fall off the trees.  This makes me sad.  I hope this fall has plenty of nice weather before the winter hits. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home