Amour Agility

Our Adventures!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Fake Service Dogs

I gotta say I don't know how they do it--mine is real and i am stopped all over the place and asked to prove it--yet I hear other people talk about buying fake vests and taking their dogs into the mall--just this past sunday a lady stood right there in the mall and told me that she was so jealous that I got to bring in my dog that she was going to buy a vest and say she was trainig her dog to be a good citizen dog....i tried to tell her that she could not do that (and yes i did make a follow up call to AKC Citizen Dog Services to double check my facts)...i tried to tell her to ask the mall for a letter saying she could walk a citizen dog since it was not a service dog and she still insisted that a lady who teaches citizen dogs told her she could...and that the lady was walking her dog in the mall that day and the dog was wearing a "in training" vest...i tried to tell her that usually the owner of the dog works with the dog in classes to become a good citizen or therapy dog but that they must be invited into a public place -- they are not allowed by law like a service/working dog. But she insisted others did, the other lady did and told her how and she was going to do it to! I called the mall and gave them a heads up but they are limited on what they can do besides ask if this is a service dog and if they lie--well there it is folks--a great example of good citizenship from the owner!! Maybe she would like to practice being handicapped too??? ON THE OTHER HAND--On the same day we met Toby--an absolutely georgous black lab and his wonderful owner--he is a guide dog and she met Ellee by touch--She and her husband were very nice and Toby has a rich deep velety black coat and big brown eyes! What a sweetie. Good Luck to them and thanks for sharing. I meet so many wonderful people through ellee--those of you who stop to pet her, those who ask about her or complimnent her, tell me their stories about poodles and other dogs, kids who are so gentle, teens who are very kind and helpful to me--while those who fake are a problem, I am still VERY HAPPY AND BLESSED TO HAVE ELLEE!!! AND TO HAVE MARCIE TO HELP RUN ELLEE IN AGILITY AND SHARE ALL HER DOGS WITH US.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home