Amour Agility

Our Adventures!

Friday, September 3, 2010

TDAA

Wow, although I have stopped competing for the summer, and because I am working now, I did volunteer to be Trial Chair a TDAA show.  TDAA is a small dog agility competition.  It is very relaxed and friendly.  My Boo has almost completed her TACh - which is a champion title.  She is very good at what she does, but she is unreliable - you never know what you are going to get when you take her out onto the course... she could be fast as lightning or she could sit and scratch her ears.  Its all dependent on her mood and she is a bitch, after all. 

This time, however, instead of just concentrating on my dogs, I was in charge of the whole show.  I had to find a date to hold it, find a judge, pick the games and how many we would run, get the food and volunteers, and organize everything.  A lot more work goes into these things than I ever thought.  Luckily, I have a great family and great club members that pitched in to make a wonderful show.   I learned a lot and I hope to be able to have another one in the spring.  Boo and Kodi both ran very well in the show and some of my students showed as well.  It is so great to have a sport that lets you work as a team with your dog.  I feel that after every show, my dogs and I bond even more. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home